Ullr Fest conjures visions of viking horns, a wild parade, Ullr Schnapps and more! But what you may not think about is tossing frying pans, ski boot races and group ski races. Ullr Fest bring a new view to Olympics with Ullympics!
The frying pan toss is one of a kind; mastering the perfect aim for the bullseye is tricky.
Teams compete with four people on one ski in the Group Ski Race as they all try to maintain a steady pace.
A group of onlookers adorned in horns is not a rare sight during Ullr Fest in Breckenridge.
Brade and Hurst lent a warm Texas welcome to the Ullympics as they performed live at the Riverwalk Center.
The costumes are just as crazy as the Ullympic events!
Our Channel Your Inner Ullr winners couldn’t resist the Ullympics.
It’s hard enough to race in the snow in shoes, let alone in ski boots.
The festivities continue throughout the week with:
• the dating game at 7 p.m. Jan. 9 at Cecilia’s,
• the parade at 4:30 p.m. Jan. 10 on Main Street followed by a bonfire at 5 p.m. and fireworks at 7 p.m.,
• comedy night Jan. 11 at Beaver Run Resort,
• pond hockey Jan. 12 at Gold Run Nordic Center,
• and a Ullr fashion show at 8 p.m. Jan. 12 at Park Avenue Pub.
Visit UllrFest.com for more information and a full schedule of events. Be sure to tag your photos and tweets #Ullr50 for a chance to be featured on GoBreck Facebook and our blog.
“NOW STOP READING THIS AND GET OUR THERE AND DO YOUR SNOW DANCES!”