Celebrate the 4th of July in Breckenridge. Whether you are a runner, biker, shopper, 4 years old or 50, you’ll stay busy this Independence Day.
Beginning at 9:30 a.m., watch as over 800 mountain bikers kick off the 4th of July Parade in the 50-mile Firecracker 50 Mountain Bike Race. Over 70 floats will flood Main Street, for the official 10 a.m. parade start with the Red, White and Blue Color Guard. This is only the beginning of the activity-filled holiday, and it wouldn’t be complete without the reading of the Declaration of Independence in the Blue River Plaza.
Don’t miss the amazing fireworks display with the Tenmile Range as your backdrop. Wondering where the best viewing is? Head over to the Blue River Plaza and take a front row seat. The fireworks, weather permitting, will emerge from the South Gondola Lot.
Lineup for Monday, July 4:
- 4th of July Garden Party with the Breckenridge Heritage Alliance (reserve early, these are the best parade seats in town and the party sells out every year)
- Independence Day 10K Trail Run (register early, this race fills up!)
- Firecracker 50 Mountain Bike Race
- Kids’ Water Fight
- Viper “Show and Shine”
- Chalk art contest with kids, teen and adult categories (part of the Street Arts Fest)
- Threre’s usually a free concert at the Riverwalk Center, visit BreckCreate.org for info as it becomes available
- National Repertory Orchestra: 4th of July Patriotic Concert at 8:00 p.m. at the Riverwalk Center; lawn seating is free however tickets are required for indoor seats
- Fireworks (around 9:45 p.m.) following the NRO performance
Additional weekend activities during the July 4 holiday
- Street Arts Festival presented by BreckCreate July 2-4, 2017
- 33rd annual July Arts Festival July 1-3, 2017
IF YOU GO
Click the individual links above for more information on each event, or see the full lineup including schedule and more at: http://www.gobreck.com/events/fourth-july
Stay longer for the best lodging deals: visit GoBreck.com or call 888-251-2417.