A self-described “master of being a jack of all trades,” Erica Marciniec trains snowboard instructors for Breckenridge in winter, serves as an adjunct faculty member at Colorado Mountain College year-round, and dedicates herself to writing whenever she gets the chance. In addition to a recent stint with the Summit Daily News, Erica maintains a curious blog about edible wild plants at www.wildfoodgirl.com.
Once called a “mujer de renacimiento” (Renaissance woman) by a ski student from Mexico, Erica rocks twin tips when she’s not out snowboarding, occasionally being tapped by the resort for ski lessons in Spanish. She holds a masters degree in technology education but is still a kid at heart, as evidenced by a recent obsession with skateboarding. Erica is still trying to figure out what she wants to do when she grows up.
Check out a few of Erica’s recent posts below, or see all of them here.
- Breckenridge Sunday Market opens for summer - Sun-loving shoppers with a penchant for adventure can get a little of all three at the Breckenridge Sunday Market, which opens June 16 and runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays through Sept. 8 (except for July 7 during the Mountain Art Festival). Located at Main Street Station at the corner of Park Avenue […]
- Things get ‘Out of Order’ at the Backstage Theatre - The Backstage Theatre in Breckenridge opened the deliciously bawdy British farce by Ray Cooney, this week, and it’s one laugh after another in this fast-paced bit of theater that’s probably too off-color for the kids. That’s right — there’s faux humping, genitalia jokes, a character parading around in a bra, slip, garters and pantyhose, one […]
- Backstage Theatre presents “A Christmas Carol” - The Backstage Theatre has outdone itself again — this time with a world premiere version of “A Christmas Carol” rendered completely with handmade puppets and masked actors. “We weren’t interested in presenting ‘yet another version’ of ‘A Christmas Carol,’” said artistic director Christopher Willard. “We wanted to challenge our artists and inspire our audiences with […]
- Preservation Hall’s Golden Anniversary Jazz Party Hits Breck June 28 - For a night of serious jazz it can’t get any better than the Preservation Hall Jazz Band, coming to the Riverwalk Center in Breckenridge on June 28, 2012. Pres Hall traces its roots back 50 years to the founding of the Preservation Hall venue in the French Quarter, and beyond that to the grandmothers and […]
- Headache? Get Your Oxygen on Tap at The O2 Lounge - You may have heard that with a base altitude of 9,600 feet, Breckenridge is low on oxygen. Don’t be deceived; there’s plenty of O2 in our clean high country air—roughly the same amount, in fact, that you’d find at sea level. The difference here is that the air pressure is lower due to the altitude, […]