I’m Daniel Dunn, and I’ve lived in Breckenridge for over 12 years and love playing outside. After going to film school and starting my own successful video production business, I realized that I’m most interested in creating awesome still images and working with much smaller crews than the typical video shoot requires. I also hate editing!
Why do I take pictures, what am I trying to do, and what am I creating? One reasons is that I would like to raise awareness of the places and things in my photographs. I want to inspire people to go out and experience nature. I want kids to ask questions like “Where is that?”, “Can we go to Timbuktu, Mom?”, and “What is that little girl doing?” I want to remind people of their past travels, of favorite places, or of their wonder and lust about places they’ve never been. I want people to look at my photos and dream about places they haven’t been to. That way, at least they can find joy in knowing someone — me — who has been there and who has done that, to quote a popular phrase. I enjoy people to be able to personalize places through me.
I also simply enjoy the process of: visiting new places and trying new things, being a little bit scared sometimes, and returning to the comfort of familiar places and coming home. Home can be so many places from your past lives. It’s always a joy to come home.
Check out a few of Daniel’s recent posts below, or see all of them here.
- Mud season from a mountain girl’s perspective - (Last Updated On: September 24, 2014)EDITOR’S NOTE: Original posted April 2012 Is it just me, or is there nothing more thrilling than not waiting in line at the grocery store? Or, how about immediately finding a parking spot at the post office? Yes, it’s true, I have been living in the mountains for a while […]
- 3 Tips for Families Skiing Breckenridge’s Peak 6 - (Last Updated On: April 19, 2017)While Breckenridge’s latest addition, Peak 6, offers some incredible hike-to extreme terrain, one of its major draws is above-treeline blue runs. Breckenridge’s wide-open bowls are typically limited to runs rated black and harder; however Peak 6 opens that high-alpine experience to families who are happy sticking to blues. Check out […]
- Breckenridge Putt ‘n Pub Crawl - (Last Updated On: September 24, 2014)Mix mini-golf with bar crawl and you’ve got the Breckenridge Putt ‘n Pub Crawl. Just don’t forget the argyle socks. What: Third annual Putt ‘n Pub Crawl When: Friday, March 14, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. Where: Start at Coppertop, located inside Beaver Run Resort, 620 Village Road Registration: Online at […]
- Breckenridge Made Gift Guide - (Last Updated On: October 7, 2014)Breckenridge is home to many locally produced goods. You can do all your holiday (or birthday, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, get well, and, well you get the idea) shopping right here in town. Breckenridge artists, craftsmen, woodworkers and skateboard entrepreneurs have made their mark on the town, and that makes […]
- Grab a Slice: Specialty Pizzas in Breckenridge - (Last Updated On: September 20, 2014) The concept is so simple in nature: basic handmade dough topped with sauce, cheese and a variety of toppings. Yet there is something about pizza that speaks to the hungry American heart. It’s a blank canvas, a signature staple of our culture, a go-to when you’re too tired to […]