Ashley Dickson moved to Breckenridge with lofty dreams of pursuing a journalism career at high altitude and now, some five years later, she has solidified her status as a mountain media triple threat. After graduating from the University of Denver, a reporting gig with the local newspaper brought her to Summit County and now Ashley can be seen on TV8 Summit , heard on LIFT106 and read right here on The Breck Connection.
Originally from the east coast, Ashley grew up skiing ice hard snow at Wachusett Mountain in Massachusetts and now enjoys lapping her secret powder stash off the T-bar whenever she isn’t chained to her laptop.
Aside from being a lover of all things snow, Ashley decided to make Breckenridge her permanent home for the amazing summer season. An avid backpacker and camp chef extraordinaire, she is constantly on the hunt for the next great adventure and is usually willing to go far off the beaten path to find it.
Check out a few of Ashley’s recent posts below, or see all of them here.
- How to get your bike ready for summer - (Last Updated On: May 8, 2016)UPDATED: 5/13/14 Springtime means different things to different people up here in Breckenridge but, for a good percentage of the population, springtime means it’s finally time to pull the bike out of hibernation. The snow is receding and the roads are finally dry enough to cruise (the trails are a different […]
- 5 Day Spas that make it easy to unwind - (Last Updated On: March 24, 2014)Relaxation: (n) 1. The act of relaxing or the state of being relaxed 2. Refreshment of body or mind Let’s be honest: Life has the tendency to be pretty stressful at times. Work responsibilities, family obligations, bills and errands: It rarely ever stops, and every now and again it’s important […]
- Gearing up for the Pro Cycling Challenge - (Last Updated On: October 7, 2014)Looking for the 2013 race? Check out the 2013 USA Pro Cycling Challenge Route through Breckenridge, Aug. 20-21, 2013 __________ It’s been called the most demanding bike race to ever take place on American soil and for the second year in a row the USA Pro Cycling Challenge will take […]
- Meet the owners of Peak-A-Boo Toys - (Last Updated On: October 8, 2014)Even though Breckenridge is home to a world-class ski resort and we see thousands of visitors a year, at the heart we are a small town that appreciates locally owned and operated businesses. If you have ever held the hand of a small child walking down Breck’s main drag you […]
- Know before you go: Fire bans in and around Breckenridge - (Last Updated On: October 9, 2014) Updated 6/12/13 No current fire restrictions in Summit County Click for a full list of fire resources in Breckenridge and beyond. _________ I’ll be the first to admit that my vacation budget isn’t very big, so camping on the weekends is a usual go-to in the summer months. While […]